Club Challenge -- VCC Playdowns
Each season, the VCC holds a qualifying event to name our teams to the Lower Mainland division of the Dominion Curling Club Championships of British Columbia.
The Dominion is an event focused on providing “curlers that support club leagues on a
regular basis … with a major venue to compare their skills against other curling clubs," and the VCC has sent representative teams for the past number of years.
The winning male and female teams from the VCC playdowns will receive team jackets and move on to represent the VCC at the Lower Mainland division of the BC Dominion Curling Club Championship. Team Faa is our men's champion for two years running and they're hungry for a third title (unfortunately, the VCC did not have a women's representative in 2012).
- There are two divisions – men’s and women’s.
- Interested teams are to be comprised of players forming a regularly-playing team in one of the VCC's leagues.
- Team eligibility is governed by the “BC Club Challenge Rules of Eligibility”.
- Teams wishing to represent the VCC will need to be available to play in elimination games at the VCC on the following dates: March 23 and, if necessary (depending on number of entries) April 6.
- Registered teams will be randomly drawn for their place in the double-knockout draw.
- Registration is now open so please click here to register your team for the 2013 VCC Playdowns the Lower Mainland division of the BC Dominion Club Challenge .
- Registration deadline is Sunday, March 10.
- Registration fee is $120 / team, payable by cash or cheque, and is to be paid no later than before the team's first game.
- Each team is guaranteed a minimum of two games (and a chance to receive team jackets and move on to represent the VCC at the Lower Mainland division of the BC Dominion Curling Club Championship).
- Special Note: Each division - men's and women's - must have at least three teams entered in order for the Club to proceed with the playdowns for that particular division.