16th Annual Barry Naimark Charity Skins
SPIEL UPDATE - Team Forrest are 2013 Champions
The 16th Annual Barry Naimark Charity Skins is now in the books, and Team Forrest captured the 2013 title by defeating Team Shen on a draw to the button in the A final. An event recap is available here and complete results for the Club's largest annual bonspiel are found here.
Thank you to all 40 teams for participating. We hope you enjoyed the weekend and helping make a difference for this year's charity - Aunt Leah's Society.
|The Vancouver Curling Club is pleased to host the 16th Annual Barry Naimark Charity Skins Bonspiel on February 28 - March 3, 2013.
Named after the late Barry Naimark - who was a member of our club and became a world curling champion in 1964 - the Charity Skins Bonspiel is an opportunity for curlers to play the game they love, have fun with their friends and meet other members, and raise funds for a charity pre-approved by our Board of Directors.
The 2013 Skins event is proud to once again be supporting Aunt Leah's Society. Aunt Leah's Society helps prevent children in foster care from becoming homeless and mothers in need from losing custody of their children. To support them on their journey to self-sufficiency, the society provides supported housing, job training and coaching on essential life skills.
Please read below for registration details and use the menu along the top of this page to learn more about the Barry Naimark Charity Skins Bonspiel.
- Registration is now closed for the 2013 Barry Naimark Charity Skins Bonspiel. Please click here to register your team.
- Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 3 games and the chance to earn back your entry fee (and maybe more) via Skins winnings; we have more than $5,500 in cash prizes.
- Saturday features the fun-filled dinner banquet as well as a special BBQ lunch
- There are amazing raffle, silent auction and 50/50 draws throughout the entire weekend
- Entry fee is $320 / team
- Early-bird Entry: If you register online and then pay at the Club (cash or cheque only) on or before February 16, the entry fee is $300 per team.
- Need a team? or need a player? If you are an individual looking for a team or a team needing a player or two, please click here and fill in the quick form. While we cannot guarantee things, we will do our best to match interested team and individuals together.