Is anyone Pintrested? To honour our 100th Anniversary, the VCC has introduced a commemorative pin celebrating our centennial. The pins are available in the Pro Shop and Last Draw Lounge, and are a great way to show your support for our Club and its rich history.
The Club also now has VCC-branded water bottles available in the Pro Shop. So with Christmas just around the corner, both items could make great stocking stuffers.
Lastly, we heard in last year's survey that some members were interested in additional VCC-branded items. Since we had varied feedback on the possible items, now's your chance to have your say by stopping by the pro shop the next time you're at the Club to let us know what VCC-branded gear you would purchase.
The 2012 Harvest Bonspiel has come to a successful conclusion and Team Hogabuam are this year's champions.
Pictured on the right, the winning team was (LtoR): skip Wayne Hogabuam, third Karen Host, second Brian McInnis, and lead Betty Dharmasetia.
We were pleased to host another sold-out event, so thank you to all 32 teams for taking part, including a number of teams joining us from other clubs such as San Francisco, the Evergreen Club in Portland, Richmond, and Marpole. Congratulations to all of the event winners - a full list is copied below - and the complete event results are available by clicking here. Lastly, a photo album has been posted to our Facebook page.
Featured above is the commemorative photograph that was taken during the Club's 100th Anniversary celebrations on October 12 and 13 where current and past members of the Vancouver Curling Club gathered to celebrate. There was a Gala Banquet on the Friday evening as members past and present, honorary life members, provincial championship winners and more gathered for a fabulous meal and celebratory evening. Saturday then featured a Celebrate the Decades funspiel where the ice shed was filled with curlers ranging in age from 17 to 83 and many of the participants dressed in vintage curling attire to honour the VCC's 100 years.
Many kudos are extended to the weekend's organizing committee led by Kathy McInnes and Jen Lucas. All of the efforts put in by volunteers and staff ensured that the centennial celebrations were a wonderful affair.
There have been a few other news articles on the radio and television over the past couple of weeks celebrating our centennial celebrations. Thank you to the local media and our curling friends for helping us to spread the news.
- Vancouver Courier provided a summary of our 100th Anniversary plans.
- Vancouver is Awesome paid a visit to the Club to learn about the roaring game and help spread the news about our 100th anniversary.
- Westender gave a brief update to their readers in the few days leading up to the celebrations.
- Curl BC help promoted the VCC's centennial celebrations on both their regular and Facebook sites.
- Canadian Curling Association featurd the Club's 100th Anniversary on their homepage.
- News 1130 helped promote our weekend celebrations on the day of the event.
- Vancouver Sun had a short mention on the day of the event to promote our funspiel.