Vancouver Senior Men's Curling League
**Special Update** The VSMCL is pleased to be hosting the Annual Master's Bonspiel at the Vancouver Curling Club from February 18-20, 2013.
Featuring cash and door prizes, and all kinds of curling, the Bonspiel is shaping up to be an overwhelming success. For more details, or to register, head on over to the event page.
For more information surrounding the Annual Master's Bonspiel, please contact its co-ordinator, Stan Turner.
Welcome to the Vancouver Senior Men's Curling League!
If you are available to curl on Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoons, age 55 or older, male, perhaps recently retired or semi-retired, interested in learning how to curl or getting back to curling after a layoff, then our league is ideal for you. The Senior Men's Curling League has a rich history of hospitality, competition, fellowship and voluntarism in assisting the Vancouver Curling Club to meet its goals.
What we offer member curlers:
• Two 8-end games every week, Tuesday & Thursday, a total of 45 games (with a break over Christmas) starting September 25 until the end of March
• 9-game draw rotations so that curlers can meet and curl with all other members during the season
• Before- and after-game socializing, game-day draws and prizes
• Christmas and season-closing bonspiels with potluck lunches
• A full (2 x week) membership is $410 for the whole season. A half membership (1 x week, either Tuesday or Thursday) is $256
• Spares pay $10 per game. After 5 games, a spare must become a member of the Vancouver Curling Club ($33.60) to continue playing. Spares curl on an as-needed, as-available basis.
Please note: The Senior Men's Curling League is not a drop-in league. Membership is required.
• We provide curling instruction for beginner to advanced recreational curlers, available from a certified curling instructor.
• In previous post-curling seasons, the League has organized golf in cooperation with Mylora Golf Club and/or group walks in the Lower Mainland.
• However, the best news of all is that our League members have the opportunity and privilege of playing on a state-of-the-art world-class high-tech ice surface in the Vancouver Olympic Centre, plus take advantage of the Hillcrest Centre for Aquatics and Fitness for a reasonable additional fee.
Days of Play: Tuesday & Thursday afternoons
Draw Time: 12:45 pm, until 3:00
Registration for new members: Saturday, September 8th, 10 am - 4 pm, at VCC Open House or through contacts below during the season.
Registration for previous members: Tuesday, September 11th, 1pm – 3pm
Contact Names: Bob Buxton & Jack Dunlop
Contact #: 604-685-9150 & 604-681-3996
Contact Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org