Junior Development Program
Junior curling at the VCC starts Sept. 20!
The VCC welcomes our younger curlers to learn the game, develop their curling skills and simply have fun! The program runs Saturdays at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. from Sept. 20 to April 11 (the season schedule will be posted once all dates are confirmed).
- Instill the interest and desire to learn the game of curling in a fun and challenging environment.
- Focus on skill development such as Delivery, Sweeping Technique, Turns (in turn, out turn), Line of Delivery, Weight Judging (sweepers), How to Call a Game, Strategy, Terms of the Game, Communication and Teamwork.
Most sessions will be on the ice. Some sessions (e.g. Strategy) will initially be off-ice and then on-ice for a game.
What to wear?
- Wear sweats or loose-fitting pants that won’t restrict your movement on the ice.
- It can be cold, so wear layers and bring a toque, gloves or mittens.
- Wear runners with a rubber-like sole (not plastic), and ensure the bottoms are clean and free of all dirt and stones. If possible, dedicate a pair of shoes for curling use only (i.e. wear your street shoes to the club, then change into your curling shoes).
For more info, contact us or phone 604.874.0122.