2015-16 Season Information and Registration
*March 20, 2015 - Update: both the Monday and Saturday Novice leagues are now open for 2015-16 registration, please see information below and contact the club with any questions.
- Saturday Draw Schedule to Come
- Monday Draw Schedule to Come
The Novice League has two separate draw times: Monday (6:45/9pm, rotates weekly) from September 28 to April. 4, and Saturday (2pm-6pm, times to be confirmed) from September 26 to Apr. 9. Both draws are 23 weeks in duration.
Novice League Details
- *NEW for the 2015-16 curling season, the Novice League is integrated, welcoming individuals in wheelchairs to join teams and learn to curl - for more information email Ryan, email@example.com
- Five full weeks of instruction that cover the basics of delivery, sweeping, strategy, rules and ettiquette.
- The next week includes an exhibition game for all participants to get comfortable out on the ice.
- Following the instruction, the season runs for approx. 17 weeks. Points are awarded for wins, losses and ties.
- A three-week playoff will wrap-up the season to determine the League Champion, and its rep in the VCC Championships mid-April.
Teams can register up to five (5) people. Curling teams operate with four players any given week (it's up to the team to decide who plays each week). Groups (or individuals) with less than four members are grouped with other registrants to ensure a team of four players. The VCC maintains a wait list to fill any gaps, and for those looking to pick up games via the spare list once the season is underway.
Costs for the league (per person) are $280 + VCC Membership & Curl BC dues ($35) + VCC Capital Development Fund ($35) fees + tax. Membership includes CurlBC dues and insurance, along with access to Open Ice for practice when it is available and discounts in the Pro Shop, as well as on our clinics, lessons and pick-up leagues offered throughout the season.
Contact us for additional info about the VCC Novice League.